Swimming lessons run 5 consecutive days Monday to Friday. We have not pre-scheduled class times as we'd like to try and accommodate everyone as best as possible. When you register you'll be asked to give your week and time preference.
** Preschool and Levels 1-4 require in-water parent participation due to COVID.
To provide quality education in a fun and relaxed setting to develop safe, confident swimmers.
Both Lifesaving Society and Red Cross classes are offered. Other programs not listed are available upon request.
- A minimum of 5 lessons is required to complete one level. A 5-lesson package consists of daily lessons Monday-Friday for 1 week.
- All programs will be designed according to demand and preference of participants.
- Every effort will be made to accommodate time preferences, with priority based on date of registration.
- Class lengths vary depending on swimmer age and number of participants. Private and group lessons with few participants are generally completed in less time.
Due to COVID-19, all lessons must be held at the registrant's dock.
Students should bring a towel, sunscreen and lifejacket to every lesson. Please arrive 5 minutes early to keep classes on time.
Payment: Full payment is due at time of registration for pre-school and levels 1-10 (and comparable). A $50.00 deposit is required for all other levels. A full refund will be given if there is insufficient demand to run a program, or if the times are not suitable. Once a class time has been determined and accepted, no refunds will be given. All prices are subject to HST. Cheques can be made payable to Zig Zag Yacht Club.
- In the event of rain, and the lake is safe to boat, on-land water-safety will be offered indoors instead of swimming.
- Make-up lessons due to weather-related cancellations will generally be scheduled on weekends or the following week.
- No other cancellations/refunds will be accepted.