Swimming lessons run 5 consecutive days Monday to Friday. We have not pre-scheduled class times as we'd like to try and accommodate everyone as best as possible. When you register you'll be asked to give your week and time preference.
To provide quality education in a fun and relaxed setting to develop safe, confident swimmers.
Both Lifesaving Society and Red Cross classes are offered. Other programs not listed are available upon request.
- A minimum of 5 lessons is required to complete one level. A 5-lesson package consists of daily lessons Monday-Friday for 1 week.
- All programs will be designed according to demand and preference of participants.
- Every effort will be made to accommodate time preferences, with priority based on date of registration.
- Class lengths vary depending on swimmer age and number of participants. Private and group lessons with few participants are generally completed in less time.
Lessons will be held at the ZZYC docks unless other arrangements are made in advance. Lessons may be held at a client’s dock, for an additional charge of $5 per lesson.
Students should bring a towel, sunscreen and lifejacket to every lesson. Please arrive 5 minutes early to keep classes on time.
Payment: Full payment is due at time of registration for pre-school and levels 1-10 (and comparable). A $50.00 deposit is required for all other levels. A full refund will be given if there is insufficient demand to run a program, or if the times are not suitable. Once a class time has been determined and accepted, no refunds will be given. All prices are subject to HST. Cheques can be made payable to Zig Zag Yacht Club.
- In the event of rain, and the lake is safe to boat, on-land water-safety will be offered indoors instead of swimming.
- Make-up lessons due to weather-related cancellations will generally be scheduled on weekends or the following week.
- No other cancellations/refunds will be accepted.